Saco River Camping Area has more than just camping spots for you to choose from. We have many different lodging options to meet your needs. They are limited in quantity, however, and booked on a first-come-first-served basis. Just as soon as you know you’ll be traveling to the area, make a reservation, and secure your spot in one of our unique cabins.
Here are some of the places that you can camp in at our campsite:
- Grand Family Getaway Cottages. Up to four children and four adults can stay in these luxury cottages. Each has three separate bedrooms and comes with a full bath and a large kitchen with all the appliances. It’s a cost-effective way to have a family vacation that involves grandma and grandpa or a couple of the kids’ cousins.
- Deluxe Rental Cottages. Up to three adults and three children can stay in the fully-furnished cabins. Meeting up in the spacious living room before setting off to explore the area is possible. This option is great for families planning on staying at least a week because it allows them to get settled in and comfortable.
- Cedar Cabins. Large families find this space extra comfortable. It accommodates four adults and two children and has a private bedroom, a pull-out couch, showers, a small kitchen, and a deck to enjoy.
- Family Cabins with a Hobbit Home. Our cabins consist of a large family cabin and smaller detached hobbit home for children and are among our most popular options. The central cabin has all the amenities you could ask for. The hobbit homes, however, are very primitive and do not have a bathroom, heat, or air conditioning.
- Village Cabins. A minimalist approach to lodging, these craftsman-built cabins are perfect for four people. They do not have linens, a kitchen or bathroom. They do have access to a picnic table and fire-ring.
- Cozy Family Cottage. Able to accommodate up to four people, this option has a queen-size bed, twin bunk beds, a full-sized kitchen, a private bathroom with shower, and heat as well as air conditioning.
You don’t need to own a tent or a camper to enjoy your time at Saco River Camping Area. You can just as easily stay in a cottage or cabin. These accommodations fill up fast, so the sooner you make a reservation, the better. You’ll be able to take advantage of a cozy atmosphere created just for you at our campgrounds.