A dying phone battery causes problems. It’s always at the most inconvenient time, too. If you want to avoid needing to carry around spare batteries or a solar-powered charging device wherever you go, there are some things you can do to make it easier to have a fully charged mobile at all times.
Here are some foolproof ways to preserve your phone’s battery life while camping:
- Perform all scheduled updates to the software. That way, your phone’s operating system works optimally and doesn’t waste power. Everything will be up-to-date and syncing correctly, too.
- Keep your phone out of direct sunlight. Most phones have a warning system built in that tells you that your device is too hot of a temperature. Invest in a carrying case that blocks UV rays.
- Use airplane mode. It makes it so all the notifications you usually receive don’t go through. Keep in mind that you cannot send or receive calls in this mode, either.
- Change the brightness of the phone. The brighter the setting, the more draining it is to the battery. Keep the brightness level moderate for optimal viewing.
- Switch to the low power option. If your phone settings offer this option, use it. When your battery power lowers, you’ll be able to kill a lot of the applications running in the background to save what ‘juice’ you have left.
It’s not always convenient to stop and charge your phone. By following the actions on this list, you’ll be able to prevent your phone’s battery from draining too quickly while exploring the campgrounds. You’ll be able to do all the fun activities you planned on doing without interruption.
Make Your Battery Last Longer Each Time You Camp
Keep your phone’s battery from continually needing to be recharged by doing the things mentioned above. That way, you’re never without a way to call someone if you need to. You can also use the free Wi-Fi located throughout the campground to check your email, jot a quick message to a relative or friend, and upload the photos from your camping trip.